The following image depicts the flow of the intake form
To clarify when you woud use an Intake form vs. a Service Desk request:
· A basic help desk request is for things like faulty equipment, or software that’s reporting errors, or obtaining access. If it’s a significant effort to fix and there is a workaround, we may consider it a project and ask for an intake form to be competed.
· Projects can be defined as new solution requests, significant enhancements to existing systems, or anything that may take a significant amount of Technology Services time and for which there is currently a workaround.
Further information about our Intake From request process is as follows:
- Intake Forms will be routed to the individual below who will submit them to the appropriate Director within 48 hours. You will be copied on this communication so that you are aware of the person handling your request.
- The Director in charge of your Intake Form may meet with you to gather further information before it is submitted to the review committee.
- The Director in charge will let you know when your request will be submitted to the committee.
- The Technology Services (TS) internal meeting typically meets once per week on Wednesday. Intake Forms must be completed by noon Tuesday to be considered that week.If you request needs to be considered by the IT Governance Committee you will be informed after our internal TS meeting.