What support does the Technology Services provide?
- TS makes sure that the network and television infrastructure (equipment, cables, wall jacks) in the residence halls are in good working order.TS upgrades and repairs the residence hall network and television infrastructure as needed, and works with service providers and other vendors to resolve more serious problems.
- TS works to make the residential hall computing environment safe and easily accessible, with good performance. Activities in this area include network registration, automatic address assignment, network security enhancements, free antivirus software and education regarding safe computing practices.
What other computing services are available to students?
- Students can purchase computers through http://computing.cua.edu/storefront/
- Software for student use is available here: http://computing.cua.edu/start/getsoftware.cfm
- Leahy 117 is a general use computer lab open 24/7
- Cardinal Credentials are required to use lab computers and other campus computing resources.
- Each student is provided with a cua.edu e-mail account.
- Each student can access their class schedules and other academic information through the Cardinal Students online system.
- Wireless networking is available on campus.
What are the university's computing policies?
The university's computing policies are explained in detail in the Acceptable Use policy document.