Who is ResNet?
ResNet is the group within CUA Technology Services dedicated to providing high speed network and satellite television services to resident students.
What is ResNet?
ResNet also is the name given to the part of the campus network that provides high speed data access in the university residence halls.
What services does the ResNet group provide?
- ResNet makes sure that the network and television infrastructure (equipment, cables, wall jacks) in the residence halls are in good working order. ResNet upgrades and repairs the residence hall network and television infrastructure as needed, and works with service providers and other vendors to resolve more serious problems.
- ResNet works to make the residential hall computing environment safe and easily accessible, with good performance. Activities in this area include network registration, automatic address assignment, network security enhancements, free antivirus software and education regarding safe computing practices.
What other computing services are available to students?
- The Student Computer Initiative (SCI) Program allows CUA students to purchase computers at a reduced price. Software at reduced educational prices may be purchased at the university bookstore.
- General use computer labs are available throughout the campus. CUA logon accounts are required to use lab computers and other campus computing resources.
- Each student is provided with a cua.edu e-mail account and access to an easy to use, feature-rich webmail interface. All incoming university e-mail is scanned for viruses and tagged for spam.
- Each student can access their class schedules and other academic information through the Cardinal Station online system.
- Each student is provided with server space to host a personal web site and to store data files.
- Wireless networking is available in several areas of campus.
What are the university's computing policies?
The university's computing policies are explained in detail in the Acceptable Use policy document.
How can I get more information?
Please select from the menu items on the left for additional information about ResNet.